Fair trade is a partnership based on dialogue, transparency, and respect, that seeks greater equity in international trade.
Fair Trade Principles
- Create Opportunities
- Develop Transparent and Accountable Relationships with artisans and farmers
- Build Capacity of farmers, artisans, and their communities
- Promote Fair Trade through education
- Pay Artisans and Producers Promptly and Fairly
- Support Safe and Empowering Working Conditions that are free of discrimination and forced labor
- Cultivate Environmental Stewardship by encouraging responsible use of resources and eco-friendly production
- Ensure the Rights of Children by never using exploitative child labor
- Respect the Cultural Identity of the farmers and artisans and celebrate diversity
Visit www.fairtradefederation.org to learn more about Fair Trade.