The mission of Global Mamas is to create a life of prosperity for African women and their families. We define prosperity as financial well-being, good health, and happiness. We achieve prosperity by creating and selling handmade products of the highest quality.
United by a passion for the success of African women and upheld by our core values – a focus on collaboration, innovation and sustainability – we build our Global Mamas community through strong, long-term relationships with the Mamas, employees, partner producers, customers, volunteers, interns and donors.
- We believe in the strength of community.
- We have a long-term commitment to each other and the organization.
- We are innovators dedicated to quality, creativity, and continuous improvement.
- We are committed to achieving economic self-sufficiency: as individuals and as an organization.
- We are part of a global community that creates positive change through the work we do.
Comité Artisanal Haitïen (HA) – Haiti
The income from this craft production supports families in a country where work can be scarce. In Haiti, 80% of the population lives below the poverty line. CAH was formed in 1973 by religious councils and non-governmental agency representatives, and is based in Port-au-Prince. The organization works with artisans throughout the country. They provide artisans with marketing support, design training, and more so they can participate in the international market.